5.25.2009

Thrusters, rope climbs

090524
no warm up

"Tommy V"
DNF-stopped after 20:30

21 75# thrusters
12 15' rope climbs
15 75# thrusters
9 15' rope climbs <-- stopped after my 7th climb
9 thrusters
6 15' rope climbs

i woke up in the morning, having dreamt about rope climbing. i've only done maybe a total of 5 rope climbs in my entire life, so i figured it's a good thing to work on. i don't use my legs effectively, so the rope climb got very tiring very quickly, but what stopped me from completing the workout was not lack of upper body strength, but the bruising on my ankle. it started to feel like i sprained my ankle, so i stopped.

this morning, my ankle is black and blue, with something oozing from one of the scraped area. All this, even though i wore knee socks!

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Wow, sorry about your ankle, but way to power through! There's a nice big rope at the CF Davis gym that I'm itching to work on... oozing ankles be damned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home